Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Shelter of God's Promises by Sheila Walsh

I am reviewing Sheila's Walsh's new book, The Shelter of God's Promises. I have seen Sheila speak at several Woman of Faith conferences and have always been a huge fan. She is brutally honest and very intelligent. I was very excited to find out that she was turning her ministry into Bible teaching. I struggle relating to the Bible and I thought she would be a great person to learn from.
I just had trouble connecting with the book from the start. I started it over several times thinking it was me but I still never got into it. What she has to say is meaningful and purposeful and at times I would be captivated by her stories but then it would just lose me.
My guess is that someone else will pick it up and be transformed but it just didn't grab me in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment