Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Walk Like you Have Somewhere to Go

Walk like you have somewhere to go is the recent autobiography of Lucille O'Neal, mother of Shaquille O'neal, famous NBA star. Being a big Shaq fan drew me to this book and I was not disappointed.

Ms. O'Neal tells a story of her life in a easy, interesting and riveting style. She is very honest and very compelling. From her humble beginnings in the south, to a tramatic move to New Jersey to her adult life, she has led a very interesting life.

Sometimes you are not sure if an author is being authentic in her faith or just telling a story but Ms. Oneal is the real deal. She backs up her story with scriptures for you to lean on as well as a list of her favorite songs. I had some issues with the story of her divorce but I think her respect and need for integrity kept the real story at hand.

This is an easy read and you can't put it down once you stop.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson publishers in return for a review. I was not required to give a favorable review. This is in compliance with FCC regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment